King’s College Doha is a British Curriculum school for children aged 3 to 11. We enjoy a strong relationship with King’s College Taunton, our parent school in the UK, and are proud to have brought one hundred and thirty-five years of outstanding British education to Qatar. Set on an outstanding campus close to Doha city centre, children and teachers at King’s College Doha benefit from first class facilities for both academic and co-curricular learning.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Reception Class Teacher to join our team from January 2018. This presents an outstanding opportunity to join a highly talented team that are quickly establishing King’s College Doha as the leading Prep School in Qatar.
Our Class Teachers are expected to:
- deliver well-planned, engaging and creative learning experiences for their class;
- ensure pupil progress is accurately monitored and recorded;
- deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for all pupils in their care;
- value the home-school partnership and engage with parents;
- ensure excellent pastoral care;
- contribute to the co-curricular programme and whole-school activities in a committed and enthusiastic manner;
- maintain high standards of professionalism;
- are prepared to go the extra mile expected of a Prep School in an international environment.
King’s College Doha offers:
- a competitive tax-free salary for all staff
- accommodation for all staff recruited from overseas
- medical insurance
- start and end of contract flights
- annual flight allowance for all staff recruited overseas
- tuition fees exemption for up to two children at King’s College Doha
- an opportunity to work as part of an ambitious and tight-knit school community, in a beautiful and exciting part of the world
- opportunities for continued Professional Development
How to Apply
To apply, please complete all sections of the application form, including the supporting statement. In this statement please ensure you explain your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements of the role.
Once completed send your form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Sunday 10th December 2017.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
Early applications are advised, and we reserve the right to make the appointment before the stated closing date.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please send an email to email@example.com and we will arrange and appropriate time to speak.
King’s College Doha is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check (or equivalent for teachers currently working overseas) and satisfactory reference checks.