Do you have experience working with children with special educational needs?
Would you consider yourself as calm, compassionate and confident?
Would you like to work alongside genuinely lovely colleagues in an Ofsted rated ‘GOOD’ School?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Linden Academy would love to hear from you!
The Linden Academy have an important new opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to join our support team! We are seeking a caring and reliable individual who will work on a 1:1 basis with a young boy in Reception who has Global Development Delay amongst other special educational needs. We are looking for someone who has experience working with special needs and will work closely with our SENCo to help support his intellectual and social developmental needs during school times. The successful candidate will need to plan, resource and deliver personalised activities inside and outside of the classroom, which will help meet his agreed targets.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a good standard of written/oral English and Numeracy skills
- Have previous experience in an educational setting and working with children aged 4 to 12
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with children and adults
- Have knowledge of how/when best to intervene in children’s learning in order to help them progress
- Have patience, resilience and a passion for the educational needs and development of happy and competent children
- Be able to engage children both inside and outside of learning times
- Have knowledge and understanding of the requirements of Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults in the education sector as applicable to this role
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Have a GCSE/O-Level equivalent in basic Maths and English
- Have qualifications or prior training linked to education, child development, counselling and/or special educational needs
- Have practical knowledge of a variety of conditions that may affect children’s learning and development
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Salary: £7.50 an hour
- Hours: 32.5 hours a week, 8:30am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Job Role: Term time only, permanent
Why work for The Linden Academy?
- Linden Academy was previously a fee-paying independent school under the name Moorlands, since converting to ‘The Linden Academy’ the school has very much kept their traditional values but applied them to a modern context.
- Lovely small class sizes with 18-24 maximum per class with fantastic facilities and resources
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Brilliant CPD opportunities if you wish to improve and develop
- Join a lovely close-knit team of teachers and SLT that are genuinely here to support you and want to see you succeed
- The school will be expanding to 504 pupils over the coming 2 years and with our fantastic partnership links within The Shared Learning Trust, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career!
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The Principal is passionate about making sure that every pupil achieves their best while at the school. She gives outstanding leadership to the school and has built a good team of leaders to support school improvement. Pupils enjoy coming to school and are keen to learn. As a result, attendance is high. They behave well in most lessons, and are careful and considerate of each other”.
Closing Date: Wednesday 14th February at 12pm Interviews: W/C 19th February 2018
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please refer to our Job Description in your application as this forms the basis of our shortlisting.
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed, please contact Hannah Chandler, Recruitment Officer on
01582 211 226 or email email@example.com
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer. The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.