We are currently looking to appoint an Receptionist and Aministrative Assistant to join our outstanding team at Harris Primary Academy Kenley
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Primary Academy Kenley, in one of our other 47 academies, or in our central team. Your ambitions are ample to the growing success of our academies, maintaining this means putting your ambitions first with a strong career progressive culture. Join us in our mission in cultivating an exceptional learning environment for all our students.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for candidates who have:
- Previous experience in an administrative or front office/reception role
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Ability to remain calm and deal with challenging callers or visitors in an appropriate manner
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Kenley
Harris Primary Academy Kenley is a Primary academy for local children in the outer croydon area, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. Our belief is that children thrive when they are consistently happy and safe at school. Our aim is to provide a happy, safe and focused school environment that engages children fully in their learning. We plan and tailor the curriculum to our pupils so that each is taught in the way that suits them best.
'HPAK is an outstanding school. It is outstanding not just because of the academic achievements of the pupils but for many other reasons too. The pupils are diligent, polite and hard working. They have a love for learning and an inquisitive nature. The staff at the academy are talented and dedicated and our parents and wider community support what we do. I believe that all children deserve the very best education and that as a result of this they should have every opportunity life has to offer.' Scott Palmer, Head of Academy
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Kenley?
- The opportunity to work in an ‘Outstanding’ school, with exceptional support from the academy and the Harris Federation
- A flourishing and diverse school with a wonderful and welcoming community
- Conveniently located for public transport and connections into London
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and progression
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.