St John Fisher College is a Catholic secondary college in the Mercy tradition offering a contemporary education for young women. Administered by Brisbane Catholic Education the College has 600 students in 2021. With an emphasis on 21stC learning, the College offers an academically challenging curriculum and a diverse range of pathways, with an emphasis on building resilience among the young women in our care. SJFC has a holistic approach to education and is a vibrant community where students are strongly encouraged to become fully involved in College life. There is a wide range of co-curricular activities on offer, all complemented by a strong pastoral care program. The College is situated on 15 hectares of land with multiple sporting ovals and modern facilities.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking a Receptionist/Enrolments Officer to undertake a diverse range of administration duties within our busy school office. You will be the ‘face’ of our College and therefore must be extremely personable.
You will work as part of a collaborative team providing services to parents and students (current and prospective), school staff, and the wider school community.
• Telephone and email management
• Enrolment enquiries and administration
• Student filing and online management systems (eMinerva)
• Data entry and maintenance
• Transport bookings
• First aid duties (First Aid certificate desirable but can be arranged)
• Stock Control
• Assist College Leadership Team with various administration tasks
• Assisting with organisation of school events and activities
Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated administration, communication and interpersonal skills
• Be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the use of technology including extensive Microsoft Office skills
• A knowledge of Brisbane Catholic Education Enterprise systems (i.e., eMinerva, Online Enrolment Form, School, Student and Parent Portals) will be advantageous
A cover letter outlining experience and skills attached to your Resumé to be included with your application.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing June 2021
Position Tenure: Continuing
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term):
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 5 days/week (38 hours/week) - Monday to Friday
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 3 - $29.77 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Sarah Nowell
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3269 8188
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 24-May-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education