Salary: Scale Point 4/5 (£20,667 – £24,999 pro rata) dependent on experience
Contract /term 36 hrs per week, 52 weeks per annum, flexible between 7:30am and 5pm - working in rotation with colleagues.
Responsible to: Office Manager
Post Tenable: As soon as possible
Heartlands High School is a new mixed comprehensive 11-16 school that opened in September 2010. Popular and oversubscribed within the local community the school will take 1080 students. Our recent Ofsted described the school as a “Leaders have been able to cultivate an ethos of focusing on the needs of individual pupils. Pupils irrespective of their starting points, receive a range of support. Many pupils make very good progress.’’ (Ofsted 2016)
We are looking to appoint personable, friendly and confident individual to represent the school in a professional manner, as the initial point of contact for parents, carers, students and visitors. Building excellent relationships with parents/carers, students and staff is an essential part of this role and the ideal candidate will have experience of working in a school or similar environment.
The successful candidate will have:
● The first point of contact for the school, dealing with all caller/ visitors in a polite and tactful manner;
● To provide an effective reception service both at the school’s main reception and in Student Service reception;
● To ensure that the front of house runs efficiently and effectively and is presentable and welcoming at all times;
● To be the first point of call during the school day to deal with all matters relating to the medical welfare of students including First Aid;
● To actively develop positive, supportive relations with visitors, staff, students and their parents/carers;
● To be organized, able to multitask, work flexibly and have a ‘can do’ approach to work, as no two days are the same.
● To assist the school with a wide variety of administrative tasks, requiring a good level of IT skills.
● To rotate duties between the school’s Main reception and Student Services reception, as and when required;
● To be a first aider, training will be provided.
For further information please contact our HR department at HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk. Application packs can be downloaded from the school website: www.heartlands.haringey.sch.uk
Closing date: 10 a.m. on Thursday 15th November. Interviews will be held Friday 23rd November 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today.