Smart Teachers is recruiting for a qualified Religious Education Teacher / RE Teacher for a Church of England school in South West London. The school is co-educational and caters for children aged 11 – 18 years. The Religious Education Teaching / RE Teacher post will involve teaching KS3 – KS5 and commences at the start of January 2019. It is for the duration of the academic year in the first instance with the possibility of becoming permanent. The successful Religious Education Teacher / RE Teacher will be joining a dynamic Humanities team within a very successful and established school. The appointed teacher will benefit from working within a collaborative team environment in addition to receiving regular CDP sessions.
About the Role
· Religious Education Teacher / RE Teacher
· KS3 – KS5 classes
· Two term maternity cover post with the possibility of a permanent
· Start date January 2019
· Yearly Salary between £30,001 - £40,000
About the School
· ‘Good’ Ofsted rating
· Church of England secondary school
· KS3 – KS5
· High level of academic results
· Comprehensive learning support system in place in school
· Well resourced, bright and airy facilities
· Outdoor space in site
· Located in the South West London Borough of Wandsworth, close to an underground station
In order to be considered for this role, the Religious Education Teacher / RE Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum within the past two years
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa / right to work)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number GMA18199.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.