Are you a Religious Studies teacher excited for a new challenge? Would you like to join a school community, which values the development of its teachers and invests heavily in CPD? We are looking for a teacher to join our successful Religious Studies team. We are committed to providing the environment and training for you to develop your career and refine your practice.
In addition, we offer:
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into this role in the Religious Studies and Philosophy Department and Kennet School, please download the application pack.
We would like you to be:
- a clear communicator with strong values and sense of moral purpose;
- able to teach Religious Studies to KS4, with experience of A Level Philosophy an advantage;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
We would like also like to hear from you if you are a teacher of Geography or History with experience delivering Religious Studies.
How to apply:
Our preferred method of application is ‘Quick Apply’ button here. Alternatively, you can download our application form from the ‘Vacancies’ section of our website and send your completed document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Mrs S Cambridge, Head’s PA for more information.
Deadline: Monday, 24 May 2021. Candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after.
Interview Date: Wednesday 26 May 2021. We reserve the right to interview before the application deadline in exceptional cases, so we encourage early applications.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to Kennet School’s dedicated career site. Below you will find information about what makes Kennet such a unique and rewarding place to develop your career. You will also find all of our current vacancies listed at the bottom of the page.