Thames View Bridge SEMH School, Barking and Dagenham
- a new special school for pupils with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs
SAFEGUARDING & WELFARE OFFICER REQUIRED
Salary: APT&C Scale 5, Point 22-25 (£20,358 Actual Starting Salary)
Hours: 35 hours per week x Term Time plus 2 weeks per annum
Required: 1 September 2018
A new special school for pupils with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs is opening in Barking and Dagenham in September 2018, initially with 30 pupils, but growing to a maximum of 90, aged 6-19. The school will be based initially on Thames Road on Barking Riverside, in high-quality accommodation.
The new school is supported by:
- an Outstanding partner SEMH special school
- a Trust (Partnership Learning) with successful experience of setting up new provision for children with complex special needs
- local successful special school partners
This is an exciting opportunity for creative, resilient and flexible professional who wants to be part of a brand new school. The Trust has a strong record of developing potential and promoting from within.
At Thames View Bridge School our model will be based on an understanding that children’s behaviour may reflect unmet need; that we must model, teach and re-teach expected behaviours; and that we must be calm, consistent and kind. We will establish ‘wrap around’ personalised timetables for our pupils using a range of therapies and stimuli to motivate and maximise opportunities for these most vulnerable young people.
- We are keen to encourage applications from candidates with experience of working with individuals with social emotional and mental health needs in a mainstream or SEN setting.
- Experience of working with outside agencies and parents.
- Knowledge of the responsibilities of agencies towards vulnerable children such as Child Protection Procedures and intervention work.
- Ability to summarise clearly and concisely and to produce complex reports.
- An understanding of ECAF and the ‘Early Help’ process
- Ability to record and produce minutes from safeguarding meetings.
Further details and an application pack may be obtained from the Partnership Learning website: https://www.partnershiplearning.com
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 25th June 2018
Partnership Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including a disclosure check, will be undertaken on all applicants. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.