SAP LE / CRM Consultant
Location: Cambridge, CB2 8EA
What it’s about
The SAP Centre of Excellence is made up of experienced SAP Professionals, providing support for examination processing and associated activities.
We are looking for an experienced SAP LE / CRM Consultant to join the established in-house SAP Centre of Excellence.
As an SAP LE / CRM consultant, you will deliver analytically informed solutions which help our business streams tackle complex business issues and achieve their goals. You will be expected to support projects where the need arises, deliver business as usual enhancements and provide 3rd line support.
The successful applicant will have proven configuration experience together with a capability to define solutions for enhancements through functional specifications and assist with the creation and execution of test cases, all the while delivering high quality customer service.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits. You will also gain exposure to exciting new technologies in the SAP space.
What you’ll be doing
- Configuration and implementation of SAP LE and CRM including providing functional expertise, hands on delivery, customisation and general guidance on SAP.
- Providing 3rd level support for LE/CRM and associated interfaces and reports.
- Support, analyse and resolve cross-functional incidents and service requests drawing on a proven background of standard SAP LE/CRM functionality, understanding/experience of LE integration with other modules (MM, SD, PS) and wider SAP functionality (BPM, PI, ABAP, BW, BPM).
- Understanding complex and variable business requirements and where appropriate challenging them and communicating to a range of stakeholders.
- Liaising with business representatives and Centre of Excellence colleagues to design appropriate solutions.
- Hands-on configuration and customisation.
- Root cause analysis of problem records.
- Development of functional specifications and test strategies.
- Ensuring compliance to existing, and development of required data and reporting standards.
- Keeping abreast of SAP releases, enhancements/new functionality and perform application research.
What we’re looking for
- Proven hands on configuration and customisation experience in LE / CRM ideally with both a project and support background.
- Strong experience in and knowledge of design and testing in core LE / CRM.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation).
- Interfaces/integration with non-SAP systems.
- Integration with other modules of SAP (FI/PS/MM/SD etc).
- Knowledge of process frameworks such as ITIL.
- Experience of working in a user-facing support role.
- Delivering business change and process improvement initiatives through SAP.
- Transforming business requirements into solution designs.
- A demonstrated track record of self-discipline, delivery and stakeholder management.
You will ideally have been involved in at least two full life cycle SAP LE / CRM implementation projects, and have detailed knowledge of ECC 6.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate drive and enthusiasm alongside a pragmatic and flexible approach. You will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and be used to working to deadlines.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 17/02/2019 and interviews will be held on the following week.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER