School Administrative Assistant
£9.20 per hour
Vision for Education are currently working on behalf of a SEND school in the Sunderland area who are looking to appoint a School Administrative Assistant. This will be an ongoing role which does have the potential to become permanent for the right applicant. The school itself caters for young people who have Autism (ASC) and Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) so experience of SEND would be advantageous Experience of working within an office environment would also be beneficial, however it isn't necessary as the school are willing to provide relevant training and hands on experience.
- Experience of working within a school setting either in a Teaching Assistant capacity or in the school office
- Good understanding of ICT and computer programmes
- Willingness to work as part of a team and be able to use own initiative
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Ability to be flexible
- Be organised and be able to work to deadlines and prioritise work
- Have a passion to work with young people & be committed to safeguarding children.
- Have a valid DBS registered on the online update service
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £370.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 0191 229 1386.