School Administrative Support Apprentice
Salary: £16,616.49 per annum
Location: Canonbury Primary School
Hours : 35hrs per week (10am-6pm), Term Time Only
Are you an enthusiastic person looking for an opportunity to gain valuable office based work experience and undertake a qualification at the same time? Are you looking for your first step on the ladder of work where you can learn, develop and gain valuable experience for your future career?
Canonbury Primary School are offering a 2-year opportunity for an individual with excellent organisational and communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join our busy school office and gain experience in administrative processes within a school/education environment.
The Job - Working as an apprentice at Canonbury Primary School you will:
• Provide a welcoming, friendly and professional service, acting as first point of contact for visitors and callers to the school, greeting all visitors, maintaining the visitors book and checking ID
• Assist with incoming and outgoing post
• Deliver a range of administrative functions such as diary management, scanning, filing and responding to requests for information via email, letter and telephone calls
• Maintain and update records and files through data entry on the school’s information management system
• Provide reprographic services i.e. photocopying, laminating, binding, and cutting etc. in support of teaching, administration and management activities throughout the school;
• Book and coordinate engineer visits as and when required
• Communicate with parents regarding all aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information between parents and teachers, including phoning parents to ascertain reasons for pupils’ absence
• Develop professional relationships with the administration team and with others who we work with in partnership or as a service provider
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
• Complete a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship funded by Canonbury Primary School. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace (depending on specific course requirement).
Working at Canonbury Primary School
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a buddy.
After you have successfully completed your apprenticeship you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within the School or with another employer, or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. We will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
This apprenticeship is ideal for a person with excellent teamwork skills, the ability to multi-task and the motivation to contribute new ideas.
To apply for this role, you must:
• Be a 16+ Islington resident, Islington care leaver or former Islington secondary school student within the previous 12 months. We encourage applications aged 16-25 however applicants of all ages will be considered.
• Be unemployed/economically inactive (working no more than 16- hours a week).
• Not currently be qualified in Business Administration or similar subject discipline at level 3 or above.
If you are excited by this challenging opportunity, please download and submit an application form to:email@example.com.
Closing Date: 5:00pm, Wednesday 18th September 2019
Interview: Week commencing Monday 23rd 2019
Apprenticeship Start Date: ASAP
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or email iWork@islington.gov.uk
Canonbury School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants.