School Administrator/ Independent special school
Location: South West London
Hours: Full time, 42 weeks per year (paid school holidays)
Contract type : Full time permanent – Starting ASAP
The Chelsea Group of Children is an Independent special school for 44 primary age children with mild to moderate, complex learning needs who are aged 4 to 11 years. We currently have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an experienced School Administrator/PA role to be based in Earlsfield. You will have responsibility for various administrative support tasks. We currently have a team of 36 members of staff who are fun, hardworking and supportive of each other.
• Administration – Managing CGC school emails, answering phones, listening to messages.
• Being involved in the safeguarding and managing the safeguarding documentation.
• Managing the children’s attendance.
• Keeping an up to date transport list for children.
• Taking meeting minuets (AM, PM, Leadership, Therapy)
• Booking in Parent visits, and following up on visits.
• HR for all staff, managing the central staff register and keeping it up to date.
• Managing the documentation for student admissions.
• Organising and recording petty cash.
• Keep on top of policy changes and risk assessments for the school.
• Helping facilitate the Recruitment process, (Posting recruitment adverts, booking in interviews and following up with candidates).
• Managing notice boards.
• Keeping an up to date Staff and Student list & Contacts.
• Managing Student medical plans.
• Creating new safeguarding templates each academic year.
• Educated to advanced secondary school level or equivalent.
• Experience in a similar School/PA role (preferred but not essential).
• Excellent interpersonal skills required to deal with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Excellent organisation and attention to detail.
• Good planning and prioritising skills.
• Can do attitude.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare. Posts advertised are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and are subject to police and enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks. If you do not hear from us, you have not been successful in your application.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, if you feel you have the right skills please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time