Full time hours - 35.5 hours per week, Monday – Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm and Fridays 8.30am to 2.30pm. Part-time hours – 25.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 3.00pm
41 working weeks per year - Term time plus 2 weeks Salary – to be agreed
Based in Cleckheaton, Huddersfield and Leeds, Pivot are an independent school who are leading the way in alternative education for young people. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Administrative Assistant to join our dedicated team to work within an office and teaching environment.
The successful applicant will work closely with the existing administration team and the School Leads. Have the ability to liaise with managers, parents/carers, external agencies and local authorities. You will have the ability to manage your own workload effectively and have the ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions.
The post will be based in the LS14 area of Leeds, however there may be some requirements to travel between sites on request.
- To undertake general administrative duties
- To be responsible for the preparation of documents to parents and referring schools throughout the year.
- To deal with administration in connection to student referrals to the school including data collection and transport arrangements.
- Manage the daily requirement across student attendance and registers.
- To support the school lead with HR administrative tasks.
- To produce information and data as required, prepare and collate reports, and input data to school systems.
- To provide general clerical - photocopying, filing, scanning and responding to routine correspondence.
- To maintain records of stationery supplies, ordering and distributing stock and equipment as required.
- Attend all safeguarding and child protection training and adhere to Inclusion policies and procedures.
- Provide reception cover and handle telephone calls.
To succeed you should have excellent communication and office administration skills, be a team player, have knowledge and experience of ICT packages, including Google Drive, spreadsheets and word. Be flexible, be able to respond quickly to requests, and have good attention to detail as required in this environment.
Experience of office administration in an education setting is desirable but not essential. Confidentiality and the ability to be flexible and reliable to support the schools ongoing needs and most importantly understand and respect young people are desirable.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check