Are you a professional School Business Manager or Bursar looking for a new challenge? Craigclowan is a progressive and ambitious school and we are looking for a professional with an entrepreneurial approach who is driven to identify and implement development initiatives. You will be responsible for providing overall strategic leadership and management of the Schools finances, including acting as Clerk to the Board of Governors, delivering first rate administrative, IT and personnel systems and managing key aspects of the schools daily operations including finance, HR and compliance, health and safety, catering and premises management. If you have the drive and energy to make change happen, this is the job for you!
- Are you a dedicated, high performing professional who leads by example?
- Do you have the drive and energy to be an exceptional School Business Manager, along with the skills required to provide inspirational strategic and financial leadership?
- Are you dynamic and enthusiastic, with a great sense of humour and the ability to thrive in a busy, school environment?
- Are you committed to raising standards with high expectations and extensive experience of finance, personnel, premises, catering, health and safety and IT systems?
- Are you bursting with ideas and have the capacity to involve yourself fully in the life of our school community?
- Do you have exceptional communication skills, and the ability to build great teams, along with the ability to respond effectively to future challenges?
Likely to be educated to degree level, you will have a secure understanding of the principles and processes of financial management, perhaps with an accountancy qualification but certainly possess excellent interpersonal skills and have a flexible, optimistic and team-orientated outlook. For an outstanding candidate, who perhaps does not have the relevant experience in financial management but has all the other attributes we are seeking, we may consider splitting the role so if you are a first class Facilities and Estates Manager we would still like to hear from you.
At Craigclowan we are passionate about childhood. We are a thriving, co-educational independent day school with a current role of 240 boys and girls aged three to thirteen. We are fortunate to be ideally located in a prominent and well-connected setting to the south of the Fair City of Perth overlooking this beautiful city, the River Tay and the incredible countryside beyond. As one of the largest preparatory schools in Scotland, we have excellent specialist teaching facilities for sport, music and the arts and each academic curriculum area. We enjoy an excellent academic record and a busy extra-curricular programme. However, it is our committed and talented staff who really make the difference; the excellent relationship between pupils and specialist staff and the ability of the staff to draw out the very best from the children is fundamental to what we do. We aim to provide a broad education and a strong academic stimulus with opportunities for each pupil to explore, make mistakes, learn and grow, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Further details, including an application pack, can be obtained from Jennifer Trueland, Headmasters PA, by emailing email@example.com . Further information about the School can be found at www.craigclowan-school.co.uk .
Tel: 01738 626 310
Closing date for applications is 16th February
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme check.
Craigclowan School Limited is a Registered Scottish Charity No: SC010817