Are you an experienced School Business Manager looking for a new challenge?
Phoenix College, a secondary SEMH school, is seeking applications for a School Business Manager from January 2019 who will play a critical role on the senior leadership team as they lead the school on a journey of rapid improvement.
If you can:
- demonstrate that you are able to show vision, conviction and authority and lead by example
- develop staff through a combination of challenge, accountability and support, including performance management
- demonstrate that you are able to contribute to the strategic development of the school
- manage the operation of the business functions of the school
We can offer you:
- an opportunity to progress your career by gaining leadership experience at a senior level in a secondary school
- opportunities to be part of a leadership group who are securing rapid improvements in standards and outcomes for young people
- the opportunity to make a clear and tangible difference to the quality of education provided in the school
- the chance to be involved in the school’s imminent relocation
- excellent professional development and support
- staff benefits including membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
You will be responsible for:
- finance, including effective reporting, forecasting, budgeting and strategic financial planning
- purchasing, procurement, costing and contract management control
- management of all staff administration including recruitment
- health & safety and compliance
- premises management
- line management of office staff
We are keen to receive applications from proactive and driven individuals who can demonstrate relevant experience and who have the energy and enthusiasm to join us on our journey.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed so that you can meet us and see how we work. To arrange an appointment please contact the school.
To apply, please visit www.phoenixcollegevoice.org.uk
Closing date: Wednesday 21st November 2018
Interview date: Monday 26th November 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check will be sought from the successful candidate.