School Communications Manager
Fulbourn is a popular and growing primary school, operating at the heart of the village community. The Schools Communication manager will join our administration team and be responsible for all forms of school communication. This includes development and maintenance of the school website. Liaison in person, by phone and by email with staff, parents, governors and partners in education. Communicating with parents using Bromcom MIS system. Raising the profile of the school via social media, local press and other forums. Drafting letters, reports and policies on behalf of the Senior Leadership Team. Management and administration of school ICT systems. Further details of the role are available in the job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A sound command of English language, including excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to proof materials for sense and accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable dealing with adults and children at all levels.
• The ability to deal with parents with tact and discretion and be prepared to maintain a very high degree of confidentiality.
• The ability to prioritise tasks, and maintain high standards of accuracy despite frequent interruptions, and respond flexibly to change.
We can offer:
• A happy school with enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils;
• A good school, ready to become outstanding;
• A friendly and supportive staff team and governing body;
• A creative learning environment;
• An opportunity to develop professionally, whatever your starting point.
Visits to the school would be warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment or to request an application pack. email@example.com
In line with safer recruitment practices, application forms rather than CVs will be used during the selection process, although we would also like you to to include a personal letter of application. Fulbourn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post that you are applying for is subject to an enhanced DBS check. If successful in being invited to interview, the process will include questions regarding the safeguarding of children.
Closing date for applications: ongoing
Interviews arranged on receipt of applications.