25 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Monday - Friday 8.45am - 1.45pm
Working across both Brockworth Primary Academy and Severn View Primary Academy
Severn View Primary Academy caters for children from ages 4-11 and there are approximately 75 children on our register. We are a mainstream academy in Gloucestershire, overlooking Stroud, with a spacious site, stunning views and amazing facilities which together help to create a wealth of learning opportunities for our children. Within our catchment area we have been ranked top in academic achievement out of the 6 schools that serve this area.
Brockworth Primary Academy caters for children from ages 4 – 11. There are approximately 280 children on our register in Foundation, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. We have a strong supportive team of staff who are thoroughly committed to providing the children of Brockworth with the best possible opportunities to succeed.
As sister schools, both within the same trust - Academies Enterprise Trust, we are looking to appoint a School Cook/Manager to cover maternity leave of the current post-holder. The hours are 8.45am - 1.45pm, Monday to Friday with a degree of flexibility required and the role is term time only.
The job duties involve:
- Adhering to Food Safety Guidelines
- Menu development within the School Food Standards using fresh, quality ingredients, including producing menus for school theme days
- Preparing and making a range of freshly cooked meals for both Brockworth Primary Academy and Severn View Primary Academy, ensuring consistent attractive presentation
- Ordering produce
- Adhering to budget controls by maintaining a cost-effective standard of delivery
- Stock controls and store management/ rotation
- Maintaining the required levels of Health & Safety
- Line management of catering staff
If you're happy, friendly, positive individual with a good understanding of food preparation, management and experience working within a school environment, we would like to hear from you!
Severn View Primary Academy opened in September 2012 and both Severn View and Brockworth Primary Academy are sponsored by the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET).
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- An annual season ticket loan (where applicable)
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- A generous annual leave allowance
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Free car parking (where applicable)
- Subsidised or free lunch (where applicable)
This position is required to commence from 01 May 2019.
Closing date: Thursday 18 April 2019
Interview date: Friday 26 April 2019
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For further details or to arrange a visit to the school, please refer to our website: www.severnviewacademy.org or email Natasha Smith on email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.