Required for September 2019
Band 5 (£24,313 to £26,317) pro-rata (actual salary £21,332)
36.25 hours per week, term time plus 2 weeks (i.e. 40 weeks; 1 week to attend Summer School)
We are looking to appoint a School Counsellor to ensure that every child succeeds, and is happy and safe. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Head of Learner Welfare and be responsible for direct therapeutic interventions with children and families.
We are looking for candidates who:
• have a counselling or psychotherapy qualification
• have a minimum of two years post qualification experience
• have an understanding of the development, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people
• have knowledge of the Children’s Act and legislation pertaining to children
• have high quality people skills to deal with difficult situations
• have the ability to work sensitively with others to build effective relationships
If you are someone who is skilled, committed and passionate about working therapeutically with children and families, this School Counsellor role is for you.
Candidates must be available to work on a full time basis (36.25 hours per week). Monday to Friday, 8.15 am to 4.00 pm – term time only plus 2 weeks.
The preferred method of application is electronically via e-mail to: email@example.com
All applications must be made using Stretford High School’s application form.
The job description and application form are available on the School’s website: www.stretfordhigh.com
Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Sue Simons, HR/Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is: 12 noon on Tuesday, 16 July 2019
Interviews will be held on: Thursday, 18 July 2019
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students, therefore references will be sought for shortlisted candidates and the appointment will be made subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.