Are you looking to obtain qualified teacher status with an outstanding provider and through a prestigious university?
Applications for School Direct places for 2021/22 are welcomed now in secondary subjects
Caludon Castle School is the lead school in the Coventry East Alliance. This Alliance comprises secondary and primary schools in Coventry and one secondary school in North Warwickshire.
Our main partner provider is the University of Warwick and successful School Direct Trainees will complete their Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with the University. Successful trainees will obtain QTS as well as 90 CATs points towards a Masters.
• Is still welcoming applications for 2021/22
• Offers a guaranteed exceptional teacher training experience at one of our schools
• Prides itself on providing the recommended support, scaffolding your teaching quota, allowing you to hone your craft during your training year
• Facilitated all trainees achieving at least a ‘good’ grade by the end of their training year in 2019/20
• Offers the School Direct (Training) route which is unsalaried and open to all
• Recruits a sizeable cohort of trainees, each year, allowing trainees to network, ‘lead, learn and excel together’, enjoy the best of all the schools and share and celebrate each other’s good practice.
Some of our current trainees have said:
‘What I appreciate most is the round the clock support from, not only my mentor and designated ITT staff, but also many other teachers, leaders, support staff and professionals, who go out of their way to make me feel part of my school’s family’
‘My subject link and teaching fellow from Warwick have been understanding, encouraging and constructive – I wouldn’t wish to be without them’.
• Must have a degree with a classification of 2.2 or above and be able to demonstrate a commitment to a career in teaching
• Experience a comprehensive Professional Studies Induction Programme at the university (usually during the final week of August) prior to commencing the placement in schools
• Can apply for tuition loan fees and bursaries which are available in some subject areas as well as from some professional institutions
• May be expected to pay the PGCE fees of £2000 to the university (salaried trainees only)
• Must apply through UCAS – for more information https://www.ucas.com/teaching-in-the-uk http://www.castlephoenix.org.uk/school-direct/how-to-apply/
• Who are successful in reaching interview stage, will be asked to complete a range of tasks, as well as the formal interview, including a literacy based activity and a teaching task
• Who are offered a placement will usually spend 4 days per week at the placement school and 1 day per week at the University.
Full time (From the end of August 2021 to 30 June 2022)
Please email Karen Brown firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions or go to
http://www.castlephoenix.org.uk/school-direct/ for detailed information and testimonials.
These posts are exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to these posts will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Alliance is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff, trainees and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.
Castle Phoenix Trust
- English secondary schools