Interviews to take place on Thursday 31st October
To undertake a range of finance support responsibilities to ensure the efficient and effective use of the school’s budget, under the direction of senior staff.
1. Undertake a range of financial procedures to include; processing orders, invoicing, preparation of cheques and bank payments, banking cash, issuing receipts and dealing with supplier issues.
2. Monitor monthly budgets (including departmental budgets) for the academy and prepare/analyse reports for the Principal and Cluster Business Manager, making recommendations as appropriate.
3. Undertake monthly reconciliations, for example of bank accounts and petty cash and of the purchase ledger control account.
4. Manage petty cash to ensure appropriate use of the school’s bank accounts.
5. Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the academy’s financial procedures and systems,
ensuring adherence to procurement procedures, financial regulations and audit requirements.
6. Maintain the academy’s accounting system, ensuring data is accurate, reliable, and stored confidentially, referring any issues to senior staff.
7. Process orders and approve payments ensuring correct financial control, in line with the Scheme of
Delegation, is applied.
8. To undertake any other duties, commensurate with the level of the post, as may be required from time to time.
Individuals in this role may also undertake some or all of the following:
9. Assist with the preparation of the draft annual budget and financial plans.
10. Conduct internal peer audits with other Trust academies.
11. Prepare the monthly payroll for the academy.
12. Undertake day-to-day supervision of finance staff.
13. Receive and record monies from pupils/parents/carers.