Wheatley Park School
Everyone Learning - Everyone Caring
11-18 Academy and member of the River Learning Trust
1080 on roll 158 Sixth Form
School Librarian (0.6) & Careers Administrator (0.4)
35 hours per week, Term Time only (38 weeks)
Grade 8 or 9 £23866 (pro rata £19055) to £29055 (pro rata £23404) depending on experience
Required as soon as possible
We have a large and well stocked library, which is in constant use, so we are looking for an energetic and engaging person to be at the heart of this provision. You will be someone who has a great knowledge of books, online resources and of junior fiction, committed to promoting a love of reading. You will also be imaginative about making sure that the library is a centre of activity for students, a great place to be. This is a varied and interesting post, a good opportunity for someone who has strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
The role will be multifaceted including working directly with our enthusiastic students, networking with local businesses, managing our careers resources and promoting a love of reading across the school.
We have reorganised our Careers team within school and are now looking for the right person to fill this important post to support our careers leader alongside taking on the important post of school librarian.
We hope to find:
● a person who is confidently able to engage young people regarding their future careers and in a love of reading and learning.
● a well organised individual, with good attention to detail and the energy to see things through to a high standard.
● a knowledgeable and curious person who will already know about a range of career paths, school libraries and be keen to know more.
We will offer you:
● the opportunity to make a difference to the students’ experience in our school and to develop your own ideas.
● a positive and focused professional environment, well resourced and varied.
● opportunities for further development and professional learning.
We will be willing to train and develop a suitable candidate, giving you an opportunity to grow and expand your influence. Some experience of a school environment or of work with young people is important for this post.
Situated just east of Oxford on a unique parkland site, Wheatley Park School is a successful 11- 18 academy with a vibrant comprehensive intake. Our vision is to be a sustainably outstanding school in accordance with our values of Everyone Learning and Everyone Caring.
Our school is part of the River Learning Trust; our collective vision is to be a Trust where pupils and staff thrive in schools which demonstrate:
● all-round education, academic success, lifelong learning and strength of character
● sustainable continuous improvement; no school standing still
● all schools being good and outstanding, or improving rapidly
● collaboration that is raising standards, and reducing workload
● where pupils, staff, parents and communities value all we do to support the best possible outcomes and experiences for our children and young people
If you would like to know more, or arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Pat Mason (HR Manager) on 01865 877634 or by email to email@example.com. Full details can be found on our website here Applications for this support staff post can only be accepted via the TES website here. To find out more about the River Learning Trust, please visit www.riverlearningtrust.org.
Wheatley Park School and the River Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and preventing extremism. All staff are expected to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our schools’ community.
Closing Date: 9am Wednesday 23rd January 2019 Interview Date: To be confirmed
Wheatley Park School, Holton, Oxford, OX33 1QH Tel: 01865 872441 Fax: 01865 877666 www.wheatleypark.org