KAA is a growing 11-18 academy. In our first three years we have built a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We now have 720 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, and 200 in Y12 & 13. Our school is heavily oversubscribed at both Year 7 and Sixth Form.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We are currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic School Librarian to join our growing academy.
This is a unique opportunity to manage a library situated at the heart of the school. Our libraries are vibrant, exciting places, where students are focused and studious but also able to discuss and debate ideas.
· Manage the day to day running of the lower school library
· Manage student behaviour in the library in line with the school’s behaviour policy
· Develop the library’s systems and structures to ensure it runs smoothly
· Process book orders for the library department in line with the academy’s finance systems
· Create and develop a climate to promote and support reading for pleasure across the school
· Deliver library induction sessions, information retrieval workshops and promote reading in all aspects of pupils’ lives
· Run and supervise a productive homework club during after school enrichment
· Recruit, train and supervise a team of student librarians
· Ensure a high standard of display and promotional material in the library
· Build and develop online learning resource libraries within the academy’s VLE, KAA Online
· Develop and maintain a range of stock to reflect the whole curriculum
· Assist teachers with provision of learning resources and other teaching & learning needs
· Liaise with Heads of Departments to ensure the library supports the teaching of all subjects
· Work collaboratively with the Director of English in the design and implementation of a strong reading programme delivered in form time reading
· Work closely with the Learning Support department in the provision and targeting of literacy interventions (such as Lexia, Fresh Start, Premier League Reading Stars and other reading programmes)
· Support teaching staff in preparing resources for whole school events such as Anti-Bullying Week and House Competitions
Forge and maintain links to outside agencies (National Literacy Trust, BookTrust, Give A Book, Tri-Borough Children’s Services).
Deadline: Apply by 9 am Monday 11th December 2017
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at email@example.com
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.