Sheffield Springs Academy is a United Learning academy, ranked as the most improved secondary in Sheffield for ‘Progress 8’ in the 2016/17 academic year.
Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
Improvements made in outcomes for the academic year 2016/17 were a testament to the relationships between our staff, pupils and their families, each one of them playing their part in in trying to ensure that every pupil achieves their potential.
We are seeking a School Medical Practitioner at Sheffield Springs Academy. We are looking for a conscientious individual with a child centred approach to support the health and wellbeing of students so they can fully participate in learning.
Main duties will include
- To respond to the day to day health and first aid needs of students.
- To support children with medical needs such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy or mental health concerns.
- To administer medication as per the school policy.
- Performing necessary health checks to assist with diagnosis.
- To work collaboratively with the clinical psychologist, educational psychologist and counsellor for students with mental health problems.
- To work with the Designated and Deputy Safeguarding Leads in the context of prioritising the safeguarding and welfare of children.
- Timely maintenance and updating of electronic student files and medical records.
What we can offer you
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Excellent employee benefits which include an excellent pension scheme.
What we would like from you
- RSCN, RN-child or RGN equivalent experience (i.e. A&E, School Nursing, Practice nursing).
- 2 years minimum experience post registration.
- Excellent communication and inter-personnel skills, especially with children.
- Self-awareness with the ability to be both confident and calm under pressure.
- The ability to relate well to people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Good IT skills.
- A fundamental belief in the power of education to enable students to achieve anything they set their minds to.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Academy making year on year progress under current leadership. In turn, we are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sheffield Springs Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
For more information
Candidates are encouraged to visit Sheffield Springs before applying, to arrange a visit please contact Sianne Wilson, PA, 0114 2392631, Sianne.email@example.com
Please apply online by clicking on the following link
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.