School Mental Health Specialist
APT & C Band G
£23,866- £26,470 (£21,112- £23,415 Pro-Rata)
37 Hours per week
Term Time plus one week
Maltby Learning Trust, an ambitious and innovative organisation comprising two secondary academies and four primary academies, is looking to recruit a highly committed professional who is passionate about young people, staff, families and the wider communities that we serve.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and suitably qualified mental health specialist to work within Rotherham MAST, based at Maltby Academy but regularly working at other Academies within the Trust. Rotherham MAST provides outstanding provision and outcomes for all children and young people, supports Academy employees and parents/carers, and develops excellent training for professionals which reflects current mental health themes.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced mental health practitioner/counsellor who has worked with children from 4-19 years and have an excellent understanding of child development.
- Contribute to a progressive and child-centred Multi-Academy Trust which takes a whole-school approach to mental health.
- Have prior experience of working in schools alongside pastoral staff and engaging in multi-agency forum.
- Have the skills and experience to create a therapeutic environment within which children and young people can thrive, and adults can feel supported.
- Have the passion to undertake research and development, and the ability to create learning experiences for others.
In return we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff.
- Dedicated office space and the opportunity to shape mental health provision within a school setting with specialist colleagues.
- An opportunity to work collaboratively within a Multi Academy Trust.
This post is based at Maltby Academy but may require occasional work within the Trust. The role involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Trust website.
Completed applications including an overview of how your skills and experience to date prepare you for this role should be sent for the attention of Rebecca Price, Trust HR Services Manager on email@example.com or to the Academy address below.
Please note that applications must be submitted on the MLT Application Form.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd March 2019 at 9:00am
Interview Date: Wednesday 27th March 2019
The Maltby Learning Trust, Braithwell Road, Maltby, Rotherham, S66 8AB.
01709 812 864
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children. An Equal Opportunities Employer