St Andrew’s Prep is seeking a qualified and experienced Registered Nurse to assist the Senior Nurse and ensure the health, happiness and wellbeing of all boarding, day children and staff as and when required.
An essential part of the job is communication with parents, boarding staff, school office, teaching staff, tutors, kitchen staff etc over any matters relevant to them or their care of the children. Any matter of concern must in the first instance be reported to the member of staff who holds overall responsibility for the children in his/her care. Total involvement in the pastoral care of the children is paramount.
Specific Duties include:
The post holder is required to assist the Senior Nurse with all matters relating to the welfare of the children, including the following:
• Routine and emergency treatment of all children and school personnel
• Administering medicines etc as prescribed by the School Doctor
• Administering medicine, vitamins etc to boarding children
• Caring for children in the medical centre
• Contacting house staff, parents and the school office as necessary
• Liaising with the Catering Department re any special meal requirements for pupils
• Accurately maintaining medical records as required (both written and on a computerised database)
• Providing and updating First Aid kits
• Administering First Aid
• Ensure aware of and apply the Child Protection Regulations
• Responsibility for children signed off from Games
• Attending training courses as required
• Any affiliated duties to ensure that the department runs smoothly and any other duties considered relevant and necessary to the post.
Applicants must be non-smokers and a Registered Nurse.
Applicants should have had relevant post registration experience preferably in a school environment. The successful applicant will be required to work autonomously after an appropriate induction.
For further information please contact Human Resources by email: email@example.com or tel: 01323 452239
Please indicate your preferred working days and hours when applying.
Closing date: 20 March 2019
St Andrew’s Prep is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.