Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position.
Catholic Education Services is an equal opportunity employer.
To provide support in learning, organisation and behaviour management for students with additional needs at St Bede's Catholic College for 18 hours per week. There are 2 x positions available. St Bede's College is the newest school in the Diocese of Maitland Newcastle which opened in 2018 with a year 7 cohort of approximately 100 students and is situated adjacent to St Aloysius Primary School which opened in 2015. St Bede's will eventually operate Years 7-12 accommodating a co-educational student population in excess of 1000 students.
- Certificate III in Special Education (minimum)
- Supportive of the Catholic School ethos
- Cooperative nature, kind manner and capable of supporting children in their learning
- Competent level of literacy and numeracy and the confidence to assist students with their literacy and numeracy
- Capable of working under the supervision of the Learning Support Coordinator and Classroom Teachers
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students and other teachers
- Ability to contribute as a member of a team and assist in the planning, preparation and implementation of personalised plans and programs to enhance student support
- Current Working With Children number and Date of Birth must be recorded on application
- record Working With Children number on application
- Experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Experience working with students who exhibit challenging behaviours and ability to follow plans and procedures put in place for these students
- Understanding of non-violent crisis intervention strategies for secondary school students
- Highly developed computer skills and an ability to use technology for education support
How to Apply:
For further information and instruction on how to apply, please visit the website - https://www.mn.catholic.edu.au/employment/positions-vacant/