Term time only (39 weeks a year)
Kensington Aldridge Academy (KAA) is a vibrant new 11 - 18 school in Ladbroke Grove, West London. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 and our facilities are second to none. We currently have 370 students in Years 7 & 8 with us, and are growing every year. Our Sixth Form opens in September 2016. In a recent inspection the DfE described us as, “one of the best new academies we have ever seen.” Miriam Rosen, former Ofsted Chief Inspector, said, “KAA has got off to a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.”
At KAA we offer a quality and standard that are unique in the state sector. We are partnered with the Godolphin & Latymer and Charterhouse independent schools and LAMDA and the Royal Academy of Dance. Situated in stunning new buildings, we have facilities to rival any school.
At KAA we are working to build an exceptional school with the highest possible standards and to do that, of course, we need an exceptional staff team. We ask a lot from our staff, expecting them to deliver excellent lessons, day in day out. We also provide extensive support and professional development opportunities. In a start-up school, with a central focus on teaching and learning, you will have the space to extend your classroom skills which would be hard to find elsewhere.
- To work on the school reception desk of Kensington Aldridge Academy, dealing with visitors, pupils, staff and other stakeholder groups.
- To provide comprehensive and high quality administrative support to the academy.
- To be the public face of the academy, acting as receptionist and providing a welcoming first point of contact for visitors and parents, presenting a positive image of the academy.
- To greet visitors to the reception area, displaying due courtesy and tact, ensuring that they are welcomed into a friendly and professional environment and signed in appropriately.
- To deal with all incoming calls ensuring that they are answered in a timely, friendly and professional manner.
- To ensure that all calls and messages are correctly routed to their intended recipients, or an appropriate member of staff, to enable a quick and effective communication system.
- To receive and check deliveries to the academy and distribute accordingly.
- To support with administration associated with Parents’ Evenings, Open Evenings and other key Academy events, providing front of house support where required.
- To be responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of central stationary and replacing key items in good time.
- To be responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of supplies in the staff kitchen and be proactive to ensure levels do not run too low.
- To assist with the sorting and distribution of all incoming post (ensuring that all post is distributed to staff pigeon holes on a daily basis.)
- To log and weigh outgoing post, ensuring correct postage, dealing with recorded deliver requests etc.
- To ensure Plasma content is refreshed regularly and engaging / relevant to students and staff.
- To maintain the staff ID card systems.
- To ensure the Internal Exclusion room has sufficient resources and is kept tidy.
- To support teachers with classroom displays and manage large reprographic requests.
- To be aware of the school diary and daily’s schedule, schools website and Reception screen and be willing to learn and assist with update if necessary.
- To assist with relevant meetings as requested including arranging refreshments.
- To support the development of systems and structures which will lead to the smoothest possible running of the academy day-to-day.
- To undertake training and development relevant to the post and in line with the Academy’s priorities.
- To maintain a presence around the school to ensure that the highest standards of behaviour and site-usage are upheld.
- To undertake other related duties which may be required from time to time within a reasonable workload.
- To be willing to undertake additional responsibility as the academy grows and the opportunities arise.
A full candidate pack and application form can be downloaded at www.kaa.org.uk/recruitment
Deadline: Apply by 9am on Monday 21st August. Please note that we cannot accept CVs. To apply, kindly send your completed application form to Mark Harris at email@example.com.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and the post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.