Post Hours: Full time: 45 hours per week to include early and late shifts. 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Responsible to: Headmaster- via school Office Manager
Kew House School is seeking to appoint an administratively strong, confident and enthusiastic individual with good computing skills to join our Reception Team in this co-educational Senior School in West London. Candidates with experience of working in Schools would be advantageous but this is not essential. This post is not term time only as the school reception is covered in school holidays.
Our School Receptionist will:
- Assist in the maintenance of the school’s Management Information System
- Enter, manage and analyse data relating to attendance, clubs, staffing and assessment
- Manage elements of the school website including updates and notices
- Answer the telephone and direct calls to relevant personnel when necessary
- Meet and greet visitors ensuring signing in and safeguarding procedures are followed
- Monitor the security gate and access to the site
- Manage and monitor late students signing in
- Deal with school correspondence as directed
- Collect incoming and manage outgoing mail
- Operate the internal school post
- Ensure the office area and reception area are tidy and welcoming
- Attend such school functions as required by the Head
- Assist with first aid as directed - training will be provided
- Issue student badges and folios
- Be responsible for monitoring and ordering school/office stationery stock
- Liaise with Senior Leadership Team when required
- Carry out such work as required by the Head
- Complete training as appropriate
How to apply:
Please visit our website to download an application form: https://www.kewhouseschool.com/about-us/current-vacancies.
Please submit a completed ‘Support Staff’ Application Form together with supporting letter of application. References will be taken prior to interview.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
Closing date: Midday on Friday 04 October 2019
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.