The successful candidate will be flexible and proactive in their approach. The first year of employment will be at a school preparing to open. This will mean that a wide variety of tasks will fall to the post holder, especially while the school is recruiting its core staff. The chosen candidate will often be one of the first representative of the school that prospective parents and the wider public speak to; first impressions will be of utmost importance. The role requires an individual excited at being involved in the launch of this new project with the energy to make it a success.
Responsible to: Office manager and ultimately to the Headmaster
Our School Secretary and Receptionist will:
• Ensure the front office is a welcoming and well-run environment for staff, students and visitors
• Receive parents, guests and visitors in accordance with our ethos and high standards
• Maintain attendance and student records in the school’s Management Information System
• Produce attendance records daily and manage fire register including visitors on site
• Ensure a high standard of administrative and management support for the Headmaster in all aspects of their duties.
• Deal with school correspondence
• Enter, manage and analyse data relating to attendance, club lists, visits and student records
• Answer the telephone and direct calls to relevant personnel when necessary
• Direct incoming post and post outgoing mail
• Assist with First Aid as a School First Aider
• Attend and assist at school functions over and above admissions events as required by the Head.
Hours of Work
Normal hours of work will be 07:30 – 16:30, Monday to Friday.
There will be some occasions when there will be a need to work later in the evenings or a need to be present during an evening or weekend function.
This is a term time including INSET plus 2 weeks role.
To apply, please use the support staff application form on our website (www.maidavaleschool.com) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 31st March 2020.
Maida Vale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check.