The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking a School Secretary to undertake a diverse range of tasks within our primary school administration. The school administration office provides services to parents, students, school staff, parish and the wider school community. The successful applicant will display excellent communication and interpersonal skills; an understanding of the work of a school secretary; ideally with experience and knowledge of Brisbane Catholic Education management systems and procedures; and a high level of competence using the Office 365 is desirable.
The employee in this position is also required to display competency in the following areas:
• Managing the telephone and e-mail both incoming and outgoing.
• Administration of the school filing system and online management
systems including student attendance (eMinerva)
• Responding to enquiries in the office from both parents and students.
• . Management of enrolments
• Assisting the School Leadership team with the various school tasks
• Assisting with the organising of school events and activities
• Creating fortnightly school newsletters using a Sway
• First aid duties (relevant qualifications required)
• . Maintaining the school website and Facebook page
Hidden in the leafy suburb of Ashgrove West, Mater Dei Catholic Primary School offers a co-educational, contemporary learning and teaching environment filled with joy and laughter. Our school’s motto “Caritas” – Care and Concern for Others permeates all aspects of school life. We provide an academically rigorous curriculum where passionate and dedicated teachers know and expertly guide every child in making progress and achievement of individual learning goals. We are unreservedly committed to academic excellence in literacy and numeracy and are equally dedicated to the arts, technology, languages and sports. Innovation unleashes the extraordinary and Mater Dei students are encouraged to be bold, curious, creative and independent thinkers. We are a hope-filled community where Gospel values weave between and among our relationships and daily experiences.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 7 May 2019
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks - plus additional hours/weeks as negotiated
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): Duration of the 2019 school year with a possibility of continuing
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: Full-time: 38 hours per week
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Admin Level 4
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Donna Jones
Contact Telephone Number: 07 35144100
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Position Description - School Secretary Opens in new window