Science, Technology and Creative Arts Technician
WEEKLY HOURS: Part Time
RESPONSIBLE TO: Assistant Headteacher/ Director of Science
MAIN PURPOSE: To prepare Science experiments for lessons, ensure resources are maintained and replenished and support the functioning of the Science department. To support Art and Technology teachers in preparation of resources and maintenance of classrooms.
● To manage scientific and technical equipment and materials and ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained.
● To ensure periodic and routine inspection and maintenance of departmental equipment and resources.
● To work in collaboration with the Director of Science and appropriate to ensure risk assessments are carried out.
● To work in collaboration with teaching staff to disseminate work set for classes due to teacher absence.
● To undertake as and when required those duties which are normally the responsibility of science technicians.
● To ensure efficient preparation and organisation of equipment for lessons.
● To clean equipment and laboratories after lessons and any chemical spillages when they occur.
● To support teaching staff during lessons.
● To liaise with caretaking staff and to record any gas/fume problems.
● To ensure the application of Health and Safety procedures and to raise awareness of H&S issues specifically in relation to laboratories.
● To ensure the safe disposal of all unused/out of date chemicals liaising with appropriate contractors and ensuring the safety of staff and pupils throughout this process.
● Liaise with Technology teachers to arrange routine maintenance of equipment
● To co-ordinate weekly preparation sheets in Science.
● To undertake any training commensurate with the post.
● To assist in ensuring the safe conduct of pupils in the department.
● To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
If you are interested in applying for this post, please email the completed application form for the post to:
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 16th October 2018. Initial interviews are scheduled to take place week between 18th and 29th October 2018.
Wapping High School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.