This role is a maternity cover post with responsibility for supporting teaching and learning by ensuring that science materials, apparatus and equipment for practical work and demonstrations are prepared and maintained in a safe manner. Duties will include setting up experiments and ensuring that these work as intended, managing stock, and health and safety within the science curriculum.
The post is 37 hours per week. Term-time only + 2 weeks working in the holidays. The post is fixed term 16 April 2018 - 31 March 2019.
To secure this role you must be educated to level 2 including Maths and English and hold a Level qualification 3 in Science. Experience of working in a school or laboratory environment is desirable, but not essential. However, good communication skills, a willingness to learn and conscientious approach to Health and Safety are essential.
Some of the benefits of working at The Manor are:
• A full staff induction
• Work for an innovative Academy
• An ethos of high expectations for students and staff
• Opportunities to see good working practices in our MAT schools
• A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
• A strong commitment to professional development, including onsite CPD
• Easy transport links and for those who drive a large onsite carpark
• On site Sports Centre
• Worklife Support Programme