Science Teacher / Biology Specialisation (possible HoF)
We seek a vibrant, well-qualified, and committed teacher of Science with a specialisation in Biology to deliver Combined Science lessons from Grades 6–8 (Year 7–9) and specialist Biology lessons in Grades 9–12 (Years 10–13). The lessons will form part of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years and Diploma Programmes. Previous experience of IB programmes will be an advantage, but of prime importance is a love of the subject and the energy and knowledge to foster this same passion in students.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to assume the responsibility of Head of Faculty.
The successful applicant will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
- proven relevant teaching experience
- a proven record of excellent teaching
- excellent subject knowledge
- and enjoy an enquiry-based approach to teaching and learning
He or she will:
- join a highly experienced and supportive team
- be responsible to the Science Head of Faculty
- work in collaboration with colleagues and attend both training and planning sessions
- foster good links with parents and attend parent-student-teacher meetings and conferences
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- meet all work deadlines
- ensure that student assessment is regular and consistent, and that students learn from it
- contribute to the extracurricular activities of the school
- be internationally-minded and sympathetic to the values of the IB
- fulfil the expectations included in the ‘teacher job description’ and have the ‘qualities we are looking for’ in our teaching staff
With a liberal ethos, an emphasis on academic rigour and a commitment to the values of the IB, Southbank offers the opportunity to further extend your teaching and learning skills in a friendly, supportive but hard-working team.
We expect all staff to have high aspirations and expectations of themselves and our students. For the successful candidate, you will have an opportunity to join our friendly and enthusiastic school team and in return we offer a high quality professional development programme which is personalised to individual needs.
For further details regarding the job and how to apply please visit www.southbank.org
The School is unable to offer Tier 2 sponsorship for this role. Please ensure that you already have the legal right to work and reside in the UK.
To apply, please send a completed application form to email@example.com. Please note that we will not accept CV’s for this role.
Closing date for applications: 16.00 on Monday 5 February 2018. (NB Interviews may take place before this date should an excellent candidate be identified early in the application process so interested candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible).
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible, or with whom they come into contact, will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding: Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, they must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Principal, or make a referral directly to the local child protection authorities.