Smart Teachers is recruiting for an outstanding Science Techer with a Physics or Chemistry specialism to join a community based secondary school in South Essex. The school has academic successes at both GCSE and A Level and offers a broad extra curriculum for pupils. The successful Science Teacher will be joining an established school with collaborative staff and strong leadership. The role will be teaching Science to KS3, KS4 and KS5 classes from April or September 2019.
About the Role
• Science Teacher
• Physics or Chemistry specialist ideally
• Teaching KS4 and KS5
• Permanent Role
• £23,720 - £39,406 or UPS 1-3 depending on experience
About the School
• ‘Good’ Ofsted rating
• Co-educational secondary academy
• Oversubscribed, well established school within the local community
• Broad curriculum and has an innovative enrichment programme which has proved to be invaluable in school
• Thorpe Bay Station (C2C Line) is the nearest station
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching Science (ideally Physics or Chemistry) to A Level classes
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number GMA9784
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.