We are looking to recruit a teacher of Science for a fixed term period of April 2018 to September 2018 or April 2018 to April 2019 to cover maternity leave. Our successful candidate will be:
- Thoroughly committed to enabling all students to reach their potential
- A creative and forward-thinking teacher who places high value on their own professional development in order to improve continuously as a practitioner
- Motivated, resilient and flexible
- A team player
- Committed to achieving a work/life balance and maintaining their own interests outside of teaching
We will offer our successful candidate a school which:
- Exists to serve its students and both support and challenge its staff
- Focuses relentlessly on improving teaching and learning in order to raise standards
- Enjoys positive relationships between staff and students
- Knows every individual student well because of its size
- Is on an upward trajectory and excited about its future
This is a successful Science department, consistently attaining results above the national average. In 2017, 76% of students achieved an A* - C in either Core Science, Additional Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics GCSE. The department is fully resourced and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, supportive and forward thinking team.
Icknield Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff must have a full DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Enhanced Certificate before commencing employment which the school will process on appointment.