Teacher of Science
Employer: The Portsmouth Academy
Salary: £25,000 - £38,800
Start Date: September 2018
Ofsted April 2017 – The Portsmouth Academy is a GOOD school with OUTSTANDING leadership and management
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress
We are one of the most improved schools in the country - we have an opportunity for a Teacher of Science to join The Portsmouth Academy and our successful science department.
Science is a leading subject in the school, with a large number of pupils studying Triple Science. Over the last three years our pupils have consistently achieved above the national average in all three subjects, with between 82% and 92% of pupils attaining an A*-C grade. We are proud of our recently completed ‘state of the art’ ‘Super’ Science Lab and have a history of exciting STEM partnership work.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed candidate to teach across the whole age and ability range and welcome applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs.
What you will get from The Portsmouth Academy:
· A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
· Engaged pupils who work in a calm and industrious manner
· Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
· Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
· Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
· Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
· Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
· Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
· A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
· Free parking onsite
The ideal candidate will:
· Be a qualified Science Teacher
· Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
· Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Science.
· Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
· Be able to motivate his/her pupils
· Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
· Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
· Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Science
The Portsmouth Academy became a co-educational establishment from September 2017. Our aim is to transform the life chances of our pupils through our motto of ‘Aspire and Achieve’.
We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, an expanding family of primary and secondary schools within the Portsmouth area and have recently achieved fully accredited Thinking School status from the University of Exeter. The good behaviour of our students, and collegiate atmosphere amongst staff, makes the Academy a wonderful place to work.
Tours of the school are encouraged. Please contact the Principal’s PA, Sue Wood to arrange one.
To gain an insight into the other advantages of working in this vibrant and thriving city, search the ‘Teach Portsmouth’ website.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.