PRU Science Teacher (Maternity Cover)
- Required September 2019
Vision for Education are pleased to be recruiting for a Science Teacher for an PRU School in Halton. The school wish to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hard-working teacher to deliver Science across Key Stages 3 and 4.
The school serves the Halton community for pupils having difficulties in a mainstream school and who might have been (or has been) permanently excluded. In the last three years, the school has received significant recognition for its progress, they school graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2017.
As an ideal candidate, you will be flexible and knowledgeable about your subject and have the ability to motivate challenging pupils to achieve their maximum potential. The pupils in our care have challenging behaviour and learning needs and therefore our candidate of choice must be able to differentiate well to meet need and have excellent behaviour management skills. An ability to form positive relationships and a sense of humour is also a must!
If you think that you have the skills, drive and character to make a difference in the school, we look forward to receiving your completed application.
To be considered for the position of Science Teacher, you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
• Have experience of teaching Science at KS3 and KS4 level.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of secondary Teachers.
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As Your Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated Secondary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or alternatively you call the SEND Education team in Liverpool on 0151 363 2266.