Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Science Teacher to join “Good” secondary school in Surrey (TW17). Starting September 2019. This is a permanent role teaching KS3 and KS4 Science students. This is a great opportunity for a Science Teacher looking to join a school with extensive CPD opportunities and the chance to develop and progress your teaching career
About the Role
• Science Teacher
• Teaching 11-16 years olds
• Full teaching responsibilities and may include after school activities/revision sessions
• MPS from £26,000 to £39,000
• Permanent contract starting September 2019
About the School
• Rated ‘Good with Outstanding features’ by Ofsted – striving for an ‘Outstanding’ rating in next inspection
• An average sized mixed secondary that has gained various awards relating to the provision of a performing arts academy
• Heavily over-subscribed
• Supportive of staff wishing to continue their education such as their Master’s Degree or other professional qualifications
• Strong exam results improving year on year
• Fun team building events for staff and students alike
• Located in Surrey with good rail and road access
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN12612.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.