Teacher of Science
Our opportunity For You
We have a vacancy for a Science Teacher at Landau Forte Academy Amington, Tamworth.
Do you want to work with resilient, eager students aged 11-16? Are you able to help young people develop academic and personal skills swiftly? Would you value the opportunity to work in a modern, vibrant town with a historic heart? Then Landau Forte Academy Amington is the place for you.
- Hours: 40.75
- Contract: Full time, permanent position
- Start date: Wednesday 29th August 2018
- Salary: MPS
- Closing Date: Monday 19th March 2018
What we can offer you
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
- Membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
- Ensure that teaching, learning and assessment meets the needs of learners, impacting positively upon student attainment and achievement; that it fulfils as appropriate the demands and requirements of the published Academy curriculum maps, tutor guides and student guides, and external examination syllabuses.
- Provide overall direction for student learning within your remit, ensuring that provision is made for students of all abilities, that they are effectively taught and that learning and achievement are evident. Work with other staff in contributing to the total learning of students, including extension and enrichment activities.
- Follow the principles of the Academy's curriculum planning and development framework in preparing, delivering and developing, with others (staff and partners from industry and commerce), aspects of the curriculum.
- Set and maintain high standards, expectations and aspirations for both staff and students, ensuring that all are treated with dignity and respect and that students receive appropriate guidance, support and recognition.
- Ensure the effective preparation, planning and delivery of Science. Department’s learning programmes, utilising flexible approaches to learning including the application of online learning.
- Ensure that appropriate, challenging attainment targets are set and used with all students and monitor their performance in terms of attainment, achievement (both quantifiable value added measures and broader qualitative achievements) and progress in respect of the outcomes from learning programmes and activities.
- Evaluate classes’ levels of attainment and achievement against both Academy targets and nationally recognised benchmarks.
- Monitor the quality and effectiveness of Assessment of Learning and Assessment for Learning, ensuring that the marking, assessment, recording and reporting processes are both effective and compliant with Academy policies.
- Ensure that Academy policies in relation to effective learning, student rewards and managing behaviour are successfully implemented to ensure that curriculum team members secure a well ordered and disciplined teaching and learning environment.
- Operate as a learning tutor and as a Personal Tutor.
- Ensure that learning methods are current and professional development is actively sought to further enhance pedagogy and practice, as well as subject knowledge.
Landau Forte Academy Amington
We are a rapidly improving 11-16 academy under new leadership, with a Progress 8 score which improved dramatically from 2015. It is a vibrant place to work with committed staff and a student body who’s behaviour Ofsted described as ‘polite, courteous and respectful’. Our aim is to continue this arc of improvement. Opportunities for professional development are enhanced by our partnership with the Landau Forte Teaching School Alliance
Apply for this job
1. Read the Guidance & Criteria document
2. Complete the application form
a. PDF Version: http://lfa.ac/LFAAJobsStep2a
b. Word Version: http://lfa.ac/LFAAJobsStep2b
3. Complete the Equal Opportunities form
a. PDF Version: http://lfa.ac/LFCTJobsStep3a
b. Word Version: http://lfa.ac/LFCTJobsStep3b
- Send your application
You can email your completed application, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can post your application to:
Landau Forte Academy Amington
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.