Required for January 2019
Job Reference Code: FA05/2711
Salary range: NJC 14 (£17,681) – 17 (£18,672) depending on experience
Full time, term time only
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic individual to work within Furness Academy’s Science Department, to provide general support in the preparation and maintenance of resources and support to both staff and students to ensure effective support within the classroom. We are looking for a well organised and flexible person with good practical experience of working with chemicals and other apparatus.
• A medium sized 11-16 mixed Academy with approximately 800 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park;
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose;
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
• Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
• A fully established CPD programme.
• The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team.
• The opportunity to take part in European projects and a range of benefits including the free use of our onsite gym.
• Support the use and maintenance of practical resources and facilities to deliver the needs of the curriculum.
• Support the design, development and maintenance of specialist resources and contribute to long-term projects to ensure that the widest science curriculum possible can be offered to students.
• Ensure that both routine and non-routine checking, cleaning, maintenance, calibration, testing and repairing of equipment is undertaken to ensure that the required standards are adhered to.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: 12 noon Tuesday 11th December 2018
Shortlisting: Tuesday 11th December 2018
Interviews: week commencing 17th December 2018
For further information or enquiries regarding this post, please contact the HR Officer on 01229 484277 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you may download an information package and application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk. Please note we only accept CV’s with a fully completed application form.