Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Science Technician to join a secondary school in Hounslow, South West London. This temporary role is available to start in January 2019 and will be ongoing on a long-term basis. The successful Science Technician has the potential to become a permanent member of staff.
About the Role
· Science Technician
· Working across Chemistry, Physics and Biology at KS3 and KS4
· Working in either Biology or Physics at KS5
· Organise, deliver and develop technical services to the Science Department
· Assist with the use of equipment
· Assist teaching staff in the identification of technical support
· Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
· Long term temporary role starting January 2019
· Daily rate of £80 to £115
About the School
· Co-ed secondary school catering for pupils aged between 11 and 18 with sixth form attached
· Vibrant and diverse school with a focus on improvement and developing both students and staff
· New building with student expansion at the centre of thought
· Well-resourced department with a close knit and friendly team of staff
· The school is currently undergoing great change and has been rated as ‘Requires Improvement’. Despite this, changes have been made by leadership to take the school in the right direction
· Located in a popular part of West London, with great rail and road transport links
· Parking available
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Technician will need to meet the following criteria:
· Recent experience working as a Science Technician in a school (essential)
· Science degree educated and/or in education
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN9922.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.