La Retraite is a highly successful, diverse and over‐subscribed girls' 11‐19 Roman Catholic VA comprehensive school with a strong reputation for all‐round excellence. We achieved a second ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED judgement in all categories in 2013. The school is in the Trusteeship of the Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark and is located in Lambeth.
The Governors invite applications from individuals with experience of working with young people. Experience of working in a similar role is essential. The key aspects of the role are:
- To support a positive Catholic ethos, which recognises the dignity of the individual and is reflected in the day to day life of the school
- To contribute to raising standards of student achievement and support
- To prepare materials and equipment for science lessons
- To maintain science laboratories and preparation rooms, their equipment and services in good working order with health and safety in mind
- To support teachers in the science department so as to ensure the best learning opportunities are available for students in science
You will be required to work 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 4.00pm each day and 39 weeks per year.
We are in a good location 10 minutes’ walk from both Balham and Clapham South tube stations and near a number of key bus routes.
Should you wish to apply for the post, please go onto our website www.laretraite.lambeth.sch.uk where you can apply online.
If you should have any queries please email Ms Clarke, HR Manager, at email@example.com . Visits are encouraged and can be arranged by emailing Ms Clarke or telephoning her on 020 8673 5644.
Closing date is 12 noon on Monday 14th Ocober 2019.
Interviews are expected to be held by 18th October 2019.
La Retraite RC School is committed to safer recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Faith - Values - Excellence
La Retraite Roman Catholic Girls’ School
Atkins Road, Clapham Park, London SW12 0AB.
Tel: 020 8673 5644. Fax: 020 8675 8577.
Headteacher: Mr Dominic Malins