Contract term: Permanent
Contract type: Term-time only, plus 5 additional days, 35 hours per week
Working hours are 08:15-15:45, with a 30 minute lunch break
Scale: Grade 4, point 17-21, which is £17,772-£20,138 (FTE). The pro rata starting salary is £15,236.
This is a great opportunity to come and work in our highly rated secondary school in central Manchester. Our school was inspected by Ofsted in January 2014 and was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ in every category and ‘Outstanding’ for overall effectiveness.
We are now looking to appoint a suitably experienced person to join our team of Science Technicians and support our successful Science Department. You will particularly work with Level 3 courses.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- The opportunity to join our Outstanding school of 1300 students aged 11-18, supported by a hugely talented, hard-working staff team;
- Excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings;
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Benefits available to staff include free parking, free use of the school Fitness Suite before and after school, and access to childcare vouchers and a cycle-to-work scheme;
- We are a socially inclusive and equal opportunities school and committed to and actively promote equal opportunities for all our students and staff.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU:
- The ability to work safely and independently with chemical and biological materials;
- Experience of working in a similar role, or having a scientific background;
- Strong scientific, communication and administrative support skills;
- Good practical skills and knowledge of COSHH and relevant health and safety guidelines;
- The ability to support the planning of science teachers by trialing experimental procedures and offering advice when required;
- Numeracy and literacy skills at least equivalent to RQF Level 2, and a science qualification or suitable experience at least equivalent to RQF Level 3;
- Be well organised and professional with good time management skills and an adaptable and positive approach to all aspects of your work, ensuring deadlines are met;
- The ability to work well within a team, yet able to demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised utilising your own initiative to prioritise tasks;
- Experience of working in a school environment is desirable but not essential. Training will be provided on safeguarding and school specific IT applications.
The closing date for applications is 9:00 am on Monday 11 December.
CVs will not be considered. For further details and to download an application pack, please visit www.trinityhigh.com
Trinity CE High School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The school operates a Safer Recruitment policy. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.