Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Science Technician to join an improving school in Richmond, South West London. This full time Science Technician position is available to start in April 2019 on a long-term temporary basis. This Science Technician role is available until July 2019 in the first instance with a strong possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate. The large secondary school is set on expansive grounds with modern facilities, bright spacious classrooms and new resources for all departments.
About the Role
• Science Technician
• Full time
• Temporary role with potential to continue as permanent for the right candidate
• April 2019 start
• To organise, deliver and develop technical services to the Science Department of the School in order to support the teaching of a range of Science subjects by that Department
• Assist with the use of equipment
• Assist teaching staff in the identification of technical support
• Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
• Daily rate between £75 - £115 per day (dependent on experience)
About the School
• Large Secondary School converted into an academy within the last 5 years
• Moved into a purpose built state of the art building in the last 10 years
• Modern facilities
• Well-structured sixth form
• New resources across all departments
• Set on expansive grounds for outdoor learning and activities
• Bright spacious classrooms
• Transport links are easily accessible with onsite parking at the school
• Located in a beautiful part of South West London
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Technician will need to meet the following criteria:
• Recent experience working as a science technician preferred
• UK trained preferred
• Relevant degree to education either subject or teaching specific
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN15429.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.