Hours: 20 per week
Salary: Grade 11, £8,174.74 to £8,632.92 per annum Permanent, Term time only (to include 5 INSET days)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and organised Science Technician to provide general and specialist technical support within the Science Learning Area at Winterbourne Academy.
Duties will include maintaining equipment and laboratories, stock control, preparing equipment for practical work in classes and supporting staff and students in class. The Lead Science Technician will provide general supervision. However, the postholder will often be required to work without direct supervision.
What we are looking for in our successful Technician:
• A strong knowledge in either Physics, Chemistry or Biology
• Experience and understanding of health and safety issues particularly relating to the
use, handling and storage of chemicals
• Excellent administrative and ICT skills
• Ability to interact and communicate well with staff and students
• Ability to prioritise busy workloads and work effectively under pressure
• Ability to work well in a team
• Experience working in a School/Academy
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. More information about Winterbourne Academy can be found on our website http://www.trfwia.org.uk/ along with an application form, or telephone the academy.
Closing Date: 20th May 2018
Interview Date: TBC