Science Tutor (Unqualified Teacher)
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
£25,143 - £27,000
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are BSc Biology, Chemistry or Physics, Science based A-Levels and experience of working with young people or vulnerable adults.
Vision for Education are supporting a school in Rotherham with their permanent requirement to find the perfect Tutor who is able to deliver exciting and engaging lessons to pupils with SEND within mainstream education. These students can have a range of needs and abilities, so a good understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities would be required for this role, however you would not need to be a fully qualified teacher for this role.
This is a permanent role that we are working on behalf of the school to recruit for. The role will start in September 2021 and be a full time position Monday to Friday with a 37 hour timetable, and 75 minutes per week allowance for PPA (Planning and Preparation). You will be delivering Science lessons to small groups of students with SEND across KS3 and KS4. The ability to deliver practical lessons is a must.
To be considered for the position of Science Tutor, you will:
• Hold additional qualifications in Science, ideally degree level
• Have experience teaching Science/Scientific principles.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Educational professionals.
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country to support schools and staff locally across the UK.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Tutor specialising in Science who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Abi in our Sheffield Secondary team on 0114 243 5555.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd
- Supply agency