We seek a committed and enthusiastic person to join our established Mathematics Department.
Potential candidates are encouraged to get in touch with any questions they might have or to arrange a visit to the school.
• To lead and manage the delivery of a key stage within Mathematics
• To ensure the Mathematics curriculum of a key stage meets the needs of all abilities and children with additional needs
• To ensure that there is appropriate monitoring of teaching and learning of the above areas
• To raise standards of attainment and achievement within the above areas
• To be accountable for student progress within assigned areas
• To monitor and support teachers and support staff in ensuring appropriate progress of individual children and teaching groups
• To develop the quality of teaching and learning, working collaboratively with the Faculty Leadership and Senior Leadership teams and in accordance with the school policies
• To support the Head of Faculty and to discipline when appropriate and deputise in any absence
• To support school and departmental policies on training and performance management
• To manage delegated financial resources and classroom facilities in the areas they manage
• To participate in school planning as members of the school management team when appropriate
• To support school and department procedures for managing the overall progress, behaviour and development of students within the above areas
• To co-ordinate intervention strategies for underachieving students within the key stage
Teaching and learning
o To work collaboratively to develop the quality of teaching and learning across the department
o To support staff with subject scholarship through CPD opportunities
o Ensuring that their department is aware of and contributing to the school improvement plans.
o Following changes in National Curriculum or Examination Specifications and planning changes to existing practice
o To attend external meetings to develop the provision of mathematics across the school in line with local and national developments.
o Assisting in the design of job descriptions
o Being part of interview panels
Performance management and staff training
o Being a team leader and leading and organising departmental CPD
Curriculum Provision and Assessment
o Assisting in timetable construction and maintenance
o Assisting in the planning and management of curriculum groupings and changes to these
o Development and evaluation of schemes of work
o Development and evaluation of assessment
o Ensuring Schemes of Work match National Curriculum and Examination Board Specifications
o Ensuring assessment information is central to the learning process as outlined in the School’s Assessment Policy.
o Organisation of Departmental/Key Stage Meetings and CPD as directed
Monitoring and evaluation
o Following the School’s Departmental Self Evaluation Policy;
Observation and feedback
o Ensuring that data collected from the department during academic monitoring is accurate to aid school decision making
o Ensuring Examination Entries are accurate
o Ensuring Class Lists and department database lists are correct
Management of financial and consumable resources and classroom facilities in Departmental or faculty area
o Departmental Capitation Bids and teaching resource management.
o Inspection of classrooms
o Requesting repairs etc.
Pastoral care and discipline
o Following school Behaviour Management Policy
o Departmental detentions etc.
o Enrichment activities
o Departmental information
o Open days
o Parents Evenings
• To be a Form Tutor of an assigned form and to carry out related duties in accordance with the general job description of a Form Tutor.
• To work with the Head of Faculty to co-ordinate the supervision of the work of Teaching Assistants and Progress Mentors.
• To act as a team-leader as defined by the school’s Performance Management Policy
• To carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with published rosters.
• To participate in appropriate meetings with colleagues and parents relative to the above duties.
• The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the statement of Conditions of Employment.
• This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so construed.
• This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once each year and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the holder of the post.
About the School
The Billericay School is a heavily oversubscribed comprehensive in Essex with a specialism in Mathematics and Computing. The school has polite and engaged students who want to learn and benefits from good parental support.
With direct links to the ‘Outstanding’ Billericay Educational Consortium, The Billericay School is renowned for the high standards of CPD it delivers as well as the collaborative and supportive ethos it promotes amongst staff.
Our Governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
For more details about The Billericay School, please visit our website: https://www.billericayschool.com/about/
The Billericay School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
“Caring about success”
Giving individuals the opportunity to reach their potential in a caring and supportive community
The Billericay School is made up of a Lower School, Upper School and Sixth Form College operating a House System with Heads of...