Ofsted October 2017 - The Victory Academy is GOOD in all areas.
We are the highest performing high school in Medway.
We are a growing school and are looking to expand our team.
As Second in Charge, we can offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £25,000 for all NQTs
- A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes
- A free healthcare package including physiotherapy, private and confidential well-being support, counselling, a 24 hour GP helpline, and much more
- Childcare vouchers enabling eligible staff to pay for childcare in a tax efficient way
- Optional healthcare scheme at reduced rates
- Onsite parking free of charge.
The Victory Academy was officially opened in September 2015 and is sponsored by The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT).
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
We are looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic teacher of Science. Candidates with a qualification in Physics and/or Chemistry would be preferable.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Science Teacher
- Be an Ofsted Grade 2 teacher or above
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Science/Physics/Chemistry
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Science/Physics/Chemistry
A tour of The Academy is highly recommended. To arrange, please call HR on 01634 303005.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.