We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, creative and ambitious Deputy Head of Mathematics to play a key role in continuing the development of our Mathematics Department and to ensure the teaching of Mathematics meets the school's core aim of 'Excellence for All'. Wood Green is a truly comprehensive school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our core purpose is to ensure “Excellence for All” and everything we do contributes to achieving this. This is a very exciting time for Wood Green, as we create our truly excellent school. This is a unique opportunity to be part of our journey and to make a real difference to the lives of young people. We are focused on improving outcomes for all our learners and raising aspiration, building on the good behaviour of students and a culture of strong pastoral care. T
The right candidate:
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented teacher of mathematics to join our highly successful, forward looking department. This is a permanent full-time post from September 2018.
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for mathematics
• You will have the ability to help plan and develop a creative rigorous curriculum to meet the needs of all students – particularly taking responsibility for a whole key stage.
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the Mathematics Department and the wider school
Wood Green can offer:
• A Mathematics Department that achieves consistently good outcomes and has a drive to improve from Year 7 through to A’ level
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy mathematics
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and the Acer Trust.
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning Wood Green is a school with a strong sense of community, a focus on excellence, on wellbeing and on a Growth Mindset with an exciting future.
As the school continues to develop, you can make a contribution to that future. Please see our website for further details. The closing date is Monday 23rd April 2018 (12 noon) For details and an application form please visit our school website www.wgswitney.org.uk/vacancies