Wombourne High School & Sixth Form (formerly Ounsdale High School & Sixth Form) is part of the Invictus Education Trust, to learn more about the Trust please click here or visit our website here
Second in Department responsibility for a suitable candidate
We are looking to appoint a talented professional with very good subject knowledge and a clear understanding of effective and engaging teaching and learning to join our capable and supportive English Faculty.
For a suitable experienced candidate, a second in department responsibility post is available.
At Wombourne High School we highly value personal attributes of hard work, positivity and kindness, and we are looking for staff who can model these values.
As a founder member of the Invictus Education Multi-Academy Trust, Wombourne High School is part of a carefully planned collaboration between six highly successful schools. Within the Trust each school retains its own separate identity, but all members are totally committed to working together to ensure that each of our students receive the best possible education. An independent style of education where students are consistently challenged to be the best that they can be.
Wombourne High School was judged as “Requires improvement” by Ofsted in March 2018, the school is making significant strides in improvements and is confident of a “Good” judgement at the next inspection. Since the inspection the leadership team has been remodelled, including the employment of a new Headteacher (September 2018).
We are looking for:
• A talented colleague with a proven record of success in raising the achievement and aspirations of students of all abilities across all Key Stages
• A consistently good or outstanding teacher who will ensure high quality teaching and learning in English
• An inspirational teacher who is committed to developing creative and successful approaches to learning in English
• A committed and inspirational leader who can inspire and build capacity in staff
• A candidate who can support staff in this successful Faculty to develop their ability to have a significant impact on student progress
• A person with high expectations of staff and students and the ability to manage change
• An enthusiastic and energetic professional who enjoys working with students who have the potential to achieve outstanding results
• An ambitious professional with aspirations to Deputy and/or Headship
• The opportunity to work within a positive and innovative leadership team
• The opportunity to contribute to whole school strategic development
• A fantastic ethos, where student behaviour is exemplary
• A school that believes in excellent professional development
• Opportunities across the Invictus MAT
A tour of the school will form part of the interview programme but If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Ree Hickman, PA to Headteacher, on 01902 504934 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website for more information about our school: www.wombournehighschool.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 15th October at 12 noon
Please apply using the TES Online Form
Wombourne High School
Tel: 01902 504930
Wombourne High School is committed to ensuring that job applicants are treated fairly and consistently and that no one is disadvantaged or discriminated against because of their gender, ethnicity, age, disability or any other personal characteristic, which has no bearing on their ability to do the job.
Wombourne High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings cautions and convictions in your application form.